7 MOMENTS IN A SCI-FI STORY

gif

book cover illustration

80's graphics inspired  gif

formic homeworld at night 

formic homeworld landscape



formic homeworld landscape 
trailer
gif

to create the gifs I took scenes from the movie which I cut out on Adobe Photoshop, then I cut the movie into tiny scenes which I found interesting I then converted the video into frames using the option on PhotoShop, Then I added a text in the frames that I felt were suitable. In The gif captioned 80s graphics inspired gif, I cut out an illustration that I referenced an idea from from the costume designer of the Ender’s Game movie then I cut out the background and I cut out the PNG and I put it on the gif to show the first Formic invasion. For the trailer I cut out parts from the movie I thought compelling and I chose a sci-fi theme song that I found on YouTube. After referencing the original book covers of the enders game book series I decided to illustrate my own cover after referencing a picture of ender raising his hands from the movie for my design. I chose to make him blonde with hazel eyes and pouty lips ,then I added appropriate book cover fonts and designs.
Lastly I thought it would be interesting to imagine and design what the Formic planet would looks like. To achieve this I Referenced pictures of termite nests and edited the images. then took PNGs I found online which I feel is related to my theme then mixed and matched it to arrive at my image.

Ender is a slight fragile teenager with the expanding mind of a genius. His brother, the brute jock, is violent and only sees through strength and brutality. His sister the kind and compassionate one sees only through an affected sense of contact. Ender is a third child in a population overloaded world that is reeling from the previous war with the alien race of insectivorous beings who work and behave like the ants nest, the Formics. Having been brought in to being by loving parents who gained permission for his birth, Ender feels he is not only unwanted but excess baggage to the world. However, his mind is his strength. He is gifted with the ability to become his aggressor and think like his aggressor thus giving him the key to the aggressor as he learns to love them through their frailty - using this to exploit them and thus destroy them. This ability is seen by those old men solidified in their ways, who have no flexibility in their thinking anymore, and exploit Ender to achieve their own ends. But at what cost, and to whom?
-synopsis 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAPLACE'S DEMON

ANIMATED ROBOT